Have you ever heard if will cyber security jobs be automated? Are you interested to know about it? If your answer is yes, then this article is made just for you.
Will Cyber Security Jobs Be Automated?
Cyber security experts are in high demand these days. It is predicted that the number of cyber security experts will rise by more than 900,000 in 2018 alone. There are already more than 6 million vacant positions for cyber security experts today.
This massive increase in demand for cyber security experts has led many experts to wonder if cyber security jobs will be automated in the years to come. The answer is not clear yet. However, there are some beliefs that it is possible that cyber security jobs will be automated in the years ahead.
Here are some arguments made by different people regarding the possibility of automation of cyber security jobs.
Arguments For Automation Of Cyber Security Jobs
- The demand for skilled workers is higher than the supply.
- Cyber attacks are becoming more frequent, sophisticated and dangerous every day.
- Cyber security experts have to deal with thousands of threats at a time.
- It is impossible for humans to look through millions of lines of code every day to identify any possible vulnerabilities in systems.
- The human brain cannot keep up with all the threats all the time.
Arguments Against Automation Of Cyber Security Jobs
- Humans are still needed to offer behavioral insights when analyzing threats and attacks to get better results from machines through data analytics.
- Humans are still needed to analyze the data collected by machines effectively against threats and attacks to get better results from machines through data analytics.
- The human brain can still work faster than any machine available today can handle efficiently.
- Machines lack creativity, imagination, curiosity and initiative which are vital traits for any good cyber security expert or a hacker. These traits can only be found in humans and not machines as of now.
There is a lot of confusion regarding the automation of cyber security jobs. Many experts have different opinions about it. However, what is clear is that there will be a great demand for skilled cyber security professionals in the years to come.
However, there is still a possibility that cyber security jobs will be automated in the future. In any case, you should always prepare yourself to adapt to the changes in the market. It is always good to keep yourself updated about all the modern technologies and software which can help you in your day-to-day work in the field of cyber security.
If you want to get a job in the field of cyber security, then it is highly recommended that you learn new skills and technologies consistently to stay relevant and up-to-date. You should always be ready to adapt to the changing times. It is also important for you to stay updated about the threats and attacks that take place in cyberspace on a regular basis. The demand for cyber security experts is increasing day by day. You should be ready to face all these challenges and threats if you really want to become a successful cyber security professional in the future.